When searching for the freshest titles, readers used to scour bookshops while retailers searched in catalogues. With digitalisation and the advent of search engines, discoverability is no longer limited to the physical or print avenues; now, metadata, a book’s 'identification card,' plays a vital role in being found in online retailers.
Optimising book metadata can be confusing, even for experienced authors. This is where the Data Essential service comes in. With Data Essential, authors can have a chance to boost their book’s online visibility through enhanced and optimised metadata.
Here’s How Data Essential Works
- It starts with a quick assessment of your current book metadata.
- Metadata specialists will optimise the metadata based on current search trends in Amazon, Google Play Books and other retailers.
- We update your book listing using the optimised metadata on all channel retail partners.
ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW
What is a book metadata anyway?
Book metadata details are the information librarians, booksellers, and readers use to find their next great read.
Is Data Essential suitable only for certain types of books?
Data Essential is recommended for published books of all genres (must be Title Live).
Search trends change over time. To keep one’s book relevant and visible to readers online, it's best practice to update the metadata periodically. Here are sample situations where it’s ideal to update your metadata information:
- New developments: You receive an editorial review or win an award.
- Less traffic: You notice that there are fewer visits to your book page.
- Relevance: There is an opportunity to connect the book to current events or popular topics.
Data Essential includes an optional cover resubmission to update the book cover to match your enhanced book listing.
Call 0800 0148641 or +44 20 3695 6322 (Intl) to order
or speak to a AuthorHouse UK team member for more information about this service
Disclaimer: Prices listed do not include applicable taxes (such as sales, use, excise, value-added, goods and services, or other tax), which will be added to the total at the time of purchase. Prices listed do include the copies of the book; the cost of shipping and handling will be calculated and charged after your book is made available for sale.