Evolution and Thought
Why We Think the Way We Do
About the Book
Ah, the mysteries of life.
A confidence man scams billions.
Politicians fear talking about issues.
Marriage is sweet, divorce is sour.
This is the human condition …
But why is this the human condition?
That's what this book is about.It's about why we humans think the way we do.
About the Author
In Roger's words, "More than most people, I've 'been there and done that.' And while I was doing it, I was taking notes."
Roger is a careful observer of the human condition, technology, and history, and this is what he writes about. He was a soldier in Vietnam in the sixties, an engineering student at MIT in the seventies, a personal-computer pioneer in the eighties, and a writer, traveler, and teacher in the nineties. He has visited twenty countries and worked in five. He has worked in five industries with both superstar and falling star companies. He's seen a lot.
Other Fun Facts about Roger
• Helped engineer the Space Shuttle
• Climbed 4,000 meter peaks in the Colorado Rockies and bicycled from Boston to Minnesota
• Is a nephew of Margaret Bourke-White, photographer for Life magazine
• Has a commercial pilot's license with an IFR rating
• Was one of the first hundred people to play Dungeons and Dragons