Surfing the High Tech Wave:
A History of Novell 1980-1990
About the Book
A crackling good story!
To go from a struggling startup with negative sales
to a billion-dollar company with seventy-percent market share …
To go from going bust making printers and computers
to making history selling an industry-standard operating system …
To go from having six presidents in one year
to making dozens of millionaires …This is a crackling good story!
About the Author
In Roger’s words, “More than most people, I’ve ‘been there and done that.’ And while I was doing it, I was taking notes.”
Roger is a careful observer of the human condition, technology, and history, and this is what he writes about. He was a soldier in Vietnam in the sixties, an engineering student at MIT in the seventies, a personal-computer pioneer in the eighties, and a writer, traveler, and teacher in the nineties. He has visited twenty countries and worked in five. He has worked in five industries with both superstar and falling star companies. He's seen a lot.
Other Fun Facts about Roger
• Helped engineer the Space Shuttle
• Climbed 4,000 meter peaks in the Colorado Rockies and bicycled from Boston to Minnesota
• Is a nephew of Margaret Bourke-White, photographer for Life magazine
• Has a commercial pilot's license with an IFR rating
• Was one of the first hundred people to play Dungeons and Dragons