If you’re having trouble finding the right avenues to promote your book internationally, our Book Exhibit Plus package can help. This unique service provides you with the opportunity to get your book noticed by international rights agents and international publishers.
The Book Exhibit Plus – International package offers you display space at five of the most significant book shows in the world today, where your title will be put on display before notable publishing industry personnel. This service also includes the creation of a registered PubMatch.com profile. This provides you online access to the who’s who of the publishing industry to help you develop business relationships so you can reach your goals as an author.
- Your book will be exhibited at the following events:
- Frankfurt Book Fair
- London Book Fair
- BookExpo America
- Guadalajara Book Fair
- Beijing Book Fair
- Profile set-up and 5-year membership on PubMatch.com
The Basics of PubMatch.com:
Negotiating international rights for the years of hard work you have carried out is no easy feat – PubMatch.com simplifies these processes, as well as assisting with communication amongst agents and publishers alike. With the simplicity to search for publishers looking for new titles, or agents seeking new authors, you will find yourself engaged in no time and on the right track to success.
An internal messaging system permits member to member messaging with the ability to dictate which type of member can contact you by controlling your privacy settings. Adding titles to your profile exposes your talent whilst drawing attention to those you would like to hear from.
By indicating which international book shows you will be taking part in, you can send these members an online rights catalogue that you have created prior to the show to initialize the rights transaction process.
With countless other features PubMatch.com is the platform authors have been longing for!
Frankfurt Book Fair
The biggest book and media fair in the world, attracting roughly 7500 exhibitors from over 100 countries. As the whole industry gathers, business opportunities and networking activities are endless.
London Book Fair
A global market place for negotiating sales, distribution and content rights across print, audio, TV, film and digital platforms. The 2014 London Book Fair saw over 24,000 attendees from 124 countries congregate to celebrate books and negotiate potential business.
BookExpo America (BEA) offers a dynamic environment for sourcing new titles, relationship building, discovering the latest technology trends, as well as educational programs to support your success.
Guadalajara Book Fair
This fair is focused on professionals and the public alike. Over nine days, Guadalajara is transformed into the epitome of the book industry, as book enthusiasts congregate to experience one of the renowned international literary festivals.
Beijing International Book Fair
In the past twenty years the BIBF has developed into a prominent feature in the publishing industry. The 2013 fair boasted over 2000 exhibitors from 76 countries, incorporating copyright trade, book trade, cultural events, displays, consultation services and professional networking.
How It Works
- At each show, your book will be assigned a number, either based on its Dewey Decimal subject category at library shows, or based on where it lies alphabetically by publisher at international venues.
- Your book will be displayed along with other titles in a prime position on the exhibit floor.
- Your book will be displayed face-out on the shelf.
- A sticker bearing a unique QR code will be placed on the lower left hand side of the cover of the books that will be displayed. Book fair attendees can then scan the code using the CBE Book Fair Buddy app to learn more about your book. Using the app, they can add your book to their to-be-read list, share that with friends, family, or on their social media pages and even get connected to a variety of reseller sites where they can purchase your book.
In the event that you are unable to exhibit your titles on the scheduled dates for any or all of the five shows, you have the option to book these shows the following year.
Once registered, you will receive a guide to help navigate and make use of PubMatch.com to its full extent as you will be responsible for maintaining your profile.
Want to learn more about why international book fairs are a great addition to your marketing campaign? View this infographic >>