Upgrade to hardcover publishing with the Essential Package
Move to the next level of publishing with hardcover publishing, custom interior design, the Booksellers Return Program feature, and more! The Essential Package has all the features of the Starter Package but is for authors wishing for additional marketing and professional editing options.
Check for Manuscript Errors
Get another set of eyes on your manuscript with a feature called Editorial Assessment. We’ll edit a portion of your manuscript, check for errors far beyond grammar, and send it back with corrections and an opportunity for further editing services—an excellent option for authors who don’t want to spend the time editing.
Meet Bookseller Standards
In addition to online distribution, bookstore distribution is also essential. With the Booksellers Return Program, your books will be labeled as “returnable” for booksellers, lowering their financial risk and increasing your chance of a bookstore ordering and stocking your book.
Customize Your Book’s Interior
Enjoy a custom experience with our creative book designers to create interior page designs for your book. This is an added tailored feature perfect for a more hands-on author.
“I like the fact that at every stage of the process I was in control. I was able to decide how far to edit the book, right through to designing the cover.”
- Tanya Bourton of The Plight of Nimara
More than a Publisher
AuthorHouse is the largest self-publisher committed to creating an amazing publishing experience. Here is what's included in the Essential Package:
- Paperback Publishing - Your book will be available in the most popular format, made of quality, perfect binding, and acid-free library stock paper.
- Digital Formatting and Distribution - Your book will be distributed online as an e-Book and available through significant resellers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Hardcover Publishing - Your hardcover edition will be perfect bound with a rigid paperboard and finished with a beautiful dustjacket or in a sturdy case-bound volume with high gloss lamination (for Full-Color books).
- Editorial Assessment- This preliminary diagnostic process determines which areas of your manuscript need improvement. A detailed review with commentary and general editing suggestions of the first chapter, or about 1,700 words, will be provided to help you gauge what type or level of editing will benefit your manuscript.
Production and Post Production Features
- Worldwide Online Distribution - Your book will be available for sale online through external retailers such as Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and other resellers that may pick up your book from the Ingram and Baker & Taylor distribution networks.
- Custom Cover Design - A cover designer is assigned to your manuscript and, with some consultation and direction, designs a few cover options based on your vision and lets you pick which one best fits your book.
- Electronic Galley - Also referred to as “galley proof,” this is your cover and manuscript in a book layout with chapters and pagination. To ensure the final book design is 100% to your liking, galleys are e-mailed to you for review and approval before the book is ready for purchase.
- 50 Image Insertions - You may provide imagery for your book’s interior pages, and these will be printed either in grayscale or in full color (for Full Color Books).
- One Round of Interior Revisions - You may want to make changes to your manuscript after proofreading your galley. Each block of revisions allows you to submit up to 50 corrections. Publisher errors such as hyphenation, formatting issues, or misplaced graphics, which occurred during production, must also be noted on the proof form but will not count against the first 50 corrections.
- Custom Page Design - You will have a say in creating visually appealing page designs bringing your story to life, and building your book's layout that fits your needs.
- One Round of Cover Revisions - Have any tweaks you'd like to make to your cover? You have the option to make changes at no additional cost.
- Amazon "Look Inside", Google, and Barnes & Noble "Read Instantly" Previews - Allow readers to take a peek inside your book creating interest online before purchasing it. Preview available on Amazon, Google, Barnes & Noble, etc.
- ISBN Assignment - A 13-digit identifier is unique to your book and an industry requirement for distribution and retail sales. It allows distributors, retailers, printers, and readers to find and order your book easily.
- US Copyright Registration - AuthorHouse registers your work with the US Copyright Office with copyright registration, so there’s a public record of your ownership of that manuscript.
- Library of Congress Control Number - AuthorHouse will submit a copy of your book to the Library of Congress and arrange for a card catalog number to be assigned to your book.
Copies of Books
- 250 Promotional Digital Bookstubs - As part of your marketing plan, offer promotional copies of your e-book using digital Bookstubs.
- $500.00 Credit for your First Book Order - Use your one-time single-use book credit to order paperbacks, hardcovers, or both on your author book order.
- Author Website Setup (6 pages) with One Year of Hosting - Receive a professional author website that fits your style and is where readers can go to discover your book and learn about you as an author.
- New Releases Section on the AuthorHouse Bookstore - Have your book featured on our online bookstore’s ‘New Releases’ section spotlighting it for a limited time upon its publication date.
- Print-Ready Bookmarks Design File - These are the PDF files of bookmark design so you can print bookmarks at home or through a local printer to be used for promotional events.
- Book Sales Savvy Guide - With helpful exercises and practices, this marketing guide can give you the confidence and skills you need to draw bookstores to sell your book.
- Social Media Kit - In this kit, you'll have everything you need to grow your social media presence, including page creation, custom banners, etc. With the rise of content creation and brand deals, a social media kit can help promote your book and connect with the right readers.
- New Releases Feature on Bookmad - Enjoy the limelight from your author spotlight feature in Bookmad, a digital magazine dedicated to publishing trends, highlighting new authors, and book releases.
- Press Release Essential - We can help get the word out about your book by sending a single-page press release to 100 targeted media outlets, including TV shows, radio, online publications, and more. More exposure, more potential book sales.
- Print-Ready Marketing Materials Design File - Are bookmarks not enough? We’ll provide you with more design support for marketing material needed for 3 book events. Choose from options such as signing posters, flyers, or announcement postcards. Host a professional-looking event experience to show potential readers they should read your book.
- Booksellers Return Program - A typical program in the self-publishing industry in which author books will be marked “Returnable” in the wholesaler/distributor ordering system. This is valuable to booksellers by assuring them credit for unsold bookstore copies. Ideal for authors if their books are primarily sold in bookstores, securing them more shelf space and in-store book signings.
- Featured Book Placement on the AuthorHouse Bookstore - Share space with fellow AuthorHouse authors on our online bookstore homepage as a featured title.
Is your Book Suited for the Hollywood Screen?
Do you think your book would make a picture-perfect movie? One of the unique benefits of publishing with AuthorHouse is the opportunity to pitch your book to real-life Hollywood film industry experts. Here at AuthorHouse, we want you to succeed.
Where Do You Start?
AuthorHouse Hollywood Book-to-Screen PitchFest is for AuthorHouse published authors to be able to pitch their stories to film and TV executives. We'll coach you and help you craft an intriguing elevator pitch of your story that appeals to producers. It's an experience of a lifetime that our authors have loved time and time again.