The Book Exhibit Plus – National is a service created for authors who wish to give their books coverage and exposure to national publishers and agents. This service not only offers exhibit space to display your book in front of key decision makers in the library community, it also includes the creation of a registered PubMatch.com profile, which provides you with a digital platform to interact with publishers, authors, and agents.
- Your book will be exhibited at the following events:
- ALA Midwinter
- Public Library Association Conference OR Association of College and Research Libraries Conference
- ALA Annual Conference and Exhibition
- National Council Teachers of English Convention and Exhibition
- Profile set-up and 5-year membership on PubMatch.com
How PubMatch.com works:
PubMatch.com assists communication and simplifies rights marketing and business relationships between agents, authors, publishers and other representatives. Once you have logged in, you are able to search for publishers seeking new titles, or agencies seeking new authors to represent.
An internal messaging system permits member to member messaging with the ability to dictate which type of member can contact you by controlling your privacy settings. Adding titles to your profile exposes your talent whilst drawing attention to those you would like to hear from.
By indicating which international book shows you will be taking part in, you can send these members an online rights catalogue that you have created prior to the show to initialize the rights transaction process.
For further information, please refer to this video on PubMatch.com.
Exhibitors, first-timers, employers, presenters and the media all come together at the yearly ALA Midwinter Meetings. Over the course of 4 days, your book will have ample opportunities to be promoted among industry enthusiasts.
Public Library Association Conference*
This conference is a setting that provides you the opportunity to learn valuable industry knowledge from innovators and professionals alike. Special events include sessions with the likes of Ann Patchett and Simon Sinek.
Association of College and Research Libraries Conference (ACRL)*
The Association of College and Research Libraries Conference will be held in Portland, Oregon. ACRL is a division of the American Library Association, assuring that your title will get exposure to book lovers and experts.
ALA Annual Conference and Exhibition
ALA’s Annual Conference boasts a significant entourage of A-list authors; Jane Fonda, Stan Lee, and Oliver Stone to name a few.
National Council Teachers of English Convention and Exhibition
Gain access to thousands of literacy educators who lead the teaching of the English language and influence purchasing decisions across a wide range of grade levels in this century-old gathering.
How It Works
- At each show, your book will be assigned a number, either based on its Dewey Decimal subject category at library shows, or based on where it lies alphabetically by publisher at international venues.
- Your book will be displayed along with other titles in a prime position on the exhibit floor.
- Your book will be displayed face-out on the shelf.
- A sticker bearing a unique QR code will be placed on the lower left hand side of the cover of the books that will be displayed. Book fair attendees can then scan the code using the CBE Book Fair Buddy app to learn more about your book. Using the app, they can add your book to their to-be-read list, share that with friends, family, or on their social media pages and even get connected to a variety of reseller sites where they can purchase your book.
In the event that you are unable to exhibit your titles on the scheduled dates for any or all of the four shows, you have the option to book these shows the following year.
Once registered, you will receive a guide to help navigate and make use of PubMatch.com to its full extent as you will be responsible for maintaining your profile.
*The following shows are biennial—occurring once every two years. Depending on when you purchase the service, your book will be registered to the next available show.