Adding a Personalised Back Cover can add a degree of personalisation to your book's design. When you purchase this feature, the graphic designer will seamlessly integrate the photography/artwork you provide onto the back of your book. The aesthetic appeal of your book is enhanced with the combination of artwork and text, letting allowing the reader learn more about you, the author.
How does the Personalised Back Cover Design enhance my book?
- Adds personal photography/artwork and other designs to the back of your book
- Includes a biography/text written by you, allowing readers to learn more about the author
- Enhances the aesthetic appeal of your book's cover
How does the process work?
- Work with a Design Consultant
- The image is placed on the back cover or dust jacket flaps (hardcover)
- One free design modification after the first proof
When your book cover is created, you may choose up to four of the following items for inclusion on the back cover:
- Author bio (no more than 50 words) *
- Marketing copy (no more than 200 words) *
- One to four published reviews (no more than 50 words each, including the credit)
- A photo of the author. If submitted, it must meet the following requirements:
- TIFF (.tif) or JPEG (.jpg) format
- CMYK colorspace
- 300-dpi resolution
- 600 x 600 pixels (if JPEG)
- 2" x 2" printed size
* Items marked with an asterisk are required.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does this mean my entire cover will be designed?
No. The Personalised Back Cover is for authors who want the personalisation of a portrait or other artwork, but do not need an entire cover design. If you do need your entire cover designed, you should review the Exclusive Cover Design option.
What if I want to digitally submit my own artwork for the Personalised Back Cover?
For the best results, we recommend submitting an image that is at least 300 dpi.