The name of this book really says it all; it is the ULTIMATE book for anyone that is thinking about purchasing or already has the pleasure of sharing their love with a Yorkshire terrier. The author is not only a Yorkie owner, but also a breeder who showed and raised champions for over 25 years. This book contains all the information that you will ever need to know about Yorkies including:
· Detailed information about Yorkshire Terrier Standards.
· Feeding recommendations just for Yorkies, including a few homemade recipes.
· The history of Yorkshire Terriers and their Origin.
· Information about where to purchase a Yorkshire Terrier Puppy, and how to pick out your puppy from its littermates.
· Preparing your home for a new puppy arrival.
· Children, other pets and your Yorkie addition.
· Showing Your Yorkshire Terrier, explaining in detail the different show categories and what you can expect before, during and after a show.
· Yorkshire Terrier Teeth Care
· Brushing, Bathing & Grooming information, including hair wrapping.
· Immunizations Information.
· Pet Health Insurance and Yorkshire Terrier Health Concerns including: Hypoglycemia, Collapsed trachea, Luxating Patella, Pancreatitis, Canine Idiopathic Epilepsy, Portosystemic Shunt, Renal Failure, Retinal Dysplasia, Legg-Perthes Disease, Enteropathy, Distichia, Cataracts.
· Helpful hints for Traveling with your Yorkshire Terrier
· Spaying or Neutering information.
· Breeding your Yorkie, in detail, before you breed, selecting your mate, line breeding, inbreeding, outcross breeding, what to expect during the mating, and, when you should or shouldn’t breed your pet.
· Detailed information explaining what you can expect during the pregnancy, whelping (the delivery) and afterwards care for mom and newborn puppies.
· Yorkie puppy care from birth including weaning the puppies from mom, and selling your puppies.
· Advice about when it’s time to say Goodbye to your old friend.
· Also included are Yorkshire Terrier Facts, Oddities and Interesting Tidbits just for fun.