As a nurse leader, I failed to lead caring for years. I knew I had sold my soul to the health care industry. This book is about my life and career as a nurse leader and how I reconnected with my purpose. It covers the contextual forces within health care. It ends with sage advice focusing on what keeps nurses in nursing.
• Health care is no longer ‘all things medical’
• Patients are turning to nurses for authenticity in their vulnerability
• Health care is a beast to work in and is driving nurses out of nursing
• Nurses often feel alone and without purpose
• Health care is not changing soon — Nurses need help now
• None of us can juggle nursing demands alone — Together we can thrive