Joni is a little Firecracker. She lights up a room with her presence and beauty from inside and out. The first time you meet her, you don’t really meet her, you experience her, as she consistently provides an uplifting and positive role model for the community and the younger generation. She looks for the best in people, circumstances, and adversity, and strives to help others find their best path in life.
Joni’s bio who’s who of entrepreneurship, community service, and mentoring. She is the CEO and Founder of FAMES Hawaii a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization going strong in each 15th year. With her pageants’ successes, including Mrs. Honolulu international 2001 and Mrs Hawaii United States 2002 which she was very proud to represent Hawaii to national competition. Joni is the Owner and Executive Director of Miss Paradise Hawaii, Miss Oahu and Miss Waikiki Scholarship Pageant in the last 5 years.
Joni enjoyed her nursing career for about 20 years and was concurrently a professional Mary Kay beauty consultant, achieved a record-breaking director position in Hawaii in just one month.
Recognized & debut as the Fabulous 50 Club where she met Mary Kay Ash in person. She earned multiple beautiful pink cars.
Following a tragic loss of her sister Lu, Joni transition into the insurance and financial industry. With her passion to help others she earned Rookie of the Year, Million Dollar Round Table, Leaders Club, Centurion Club just to name a few.
Here’s a short list of Joni’s many accolades and awards.
* Who’s Who of American Women, 2020-2021
* Who’s Who in America, 2021
* Front Cover of Who’s Who Millennium Magazine, 2021
* US SBA Business Champion of the Year, 2014
* Top Outstanding Filipino Abroad (TOFA), Top 20 out of thousands of nominees, received award in Washington DC, 2010
* Pacific Business News Volunteer Woman of the Year, Top 10 among over 1,000 nominees, 2008
* US SBA Businesswoman Advocate of the Year, 2002
* American Heart Association, Queen of Heart, 1st place 2002
* Mrs. Hawaii United States, 2002
* Fastest, Record Breaking Chapter of BNI (Business Network International) in Hawaii & Top 5 International, among 5000 chapters in 37 countries, 2005
* Top Five Most Intriguing Person in Hawaii ‘In Magazine’, 2006
What makes Joni such a Jewel and an Inspiration too many is her beautiful heart to see others overcome their obstacles. Her positive attitude about everything in life becomes infectious, giving you the fuel you need to take control over your life and destiny.
Note that available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Author House are the original and 2nd Edition of my “Million Dollar Attitude” book. Also, I am a contributing author of the book “Aloha the Message of Hawaii.” Thanks a Million!!