Do You Really Know How That Black Man Feels?
Although anger to black men is not a new phenomenon, it is a way of life for many black men who feels stuck in a dark maze without vital instruction. Dr. Jeffery L. Walker, who has been helping black men deal with their anger, including his own for more than twenty years, offers hope and courage for those who are living under the floorboard of society. He skillfully writes about how many black men have the tendency to oscillate between faith and disparity and how to restore their faith within “self”. Dr. Walker extends positive suggestions that will help black men, young and old, build a positive self image that will radiate love, respect, and peace. Black men you must realize that in spite of the difficulty, you are somebody and you need to know that. The first thing that many black men must do is change their cognitive process (thought patterns) from negative to positive and this begins with learning how to:
• Identify with your hidden anger and process it in a healthy manner.
• Design and implement an anger reduction plan and use it as necessary.
• Take a personal inventory and reexamine your moral fabric.
• Recognize the difference between instant and delayed gratification.
• Show love to that beautiful black woman by respecting her.
Dr. Walker believes that you can take a traumatic experience and turn it into a
ONE LOVE IS OUR LOVE