Many of us have sailed or rowed small boats – dinghies, canoes, rowboats, Sailfishes, Lasers, Penguins, and hundreds more. Less have participated in sailboat races, and probably even less have done overnight cruises in various size sailboats.
Those of us who have cruised overnight (as opposed to “daysailing”) have found a remarkable world of new experiences, including
- views of sunrise & sunset never seen before
- weather of all sorts experienced up close & personal
- new and different friends
- new and different approaches to small towns located on the waterfront
- peace & quiet under sail or at anchor
- ecological travel (10-15 Gallons of diesel per summer for docking & getting home when becalmed or bad weather coming)
- luxury camping on our boat that does duty as our summer home, motorhome, and occasional family fun racer
- the learning of sailing itself, a forgiving sport when modest common sense is applied.
We wish others to share this abundant and affordable lifestyle. As the main photographer, I hope others will also have the opportunity to share the visual feast that cruising presents. The beauty will be evident, and you only have to point & shoot.