Crime and I

Be a Tough Target!

by Francois Meyer



Book Details

Language : English
Publication Date : 3/14/2011

Format : Softcover
Dimensions : 5x8
Page Count : 128
ISBN : 9781452097138

About the Book

Crime and I, be a tough target! Crime forms a great part of our lives! No-one is immune against the criminal aspect in our community. Many people believe it will not happen to them, and therefore do not prepare or plan ahead. The harsh reality is: It can happen to YOU! Sooner or later you may become a target / victim of crime. If you are unprepared, there is a 90% chance of you becoming a victim of crime. With a little foresight and planning, you can lessen your chances to only 10%. In one unforgivable moment, your lack of awareness may get you killed. Learn how to be a tough target! No crime can commence if the opportunity therefore does not exist. In this book we discuss the following:  Statistics: The crime picture  Profiles of a criminal and a victim  How do YOU become a victim?  What is self-defence ? Definition and legal aspects  Living a proactive lifestyle o your home, Hijack!, on the street  Steps of alertness  Understand the body's built-in survival mechanism and the side-effects  Handling conflict  Available weapons  Under attack! Now what?  Positive Mindset Against Crime

About the Author

The author and developer of this book served in specialized S.A.P. Units for several years. Thereafter, entering the private sector in marketing productions management. Later turning to the security industry, serving this industry as security officer in specialized units and operations. Previous professional experience in the field and instructor in basically all aspects of security, firearms, specialized and S.W.A.T. training lead to training co-ordinator, assessor and moderator, specializing in all the above fields, as well as course design and development in Outcomes Based Education material. During this entire period experiencing a broad spectrum of human nature and dealing with different ethical, religious and ethnical groups. Hereby realizing the shortfall in effective communication, positive attitude and commitment. It was realized that by assisting individuals in recognizing such shortfalls and turning this into a positive mindset, amazing results could be achieved, whether at work, home or anywhere else. During the course of his professional career, the author had realized the carelessness , negligence, lack of knowledge and ignorance of the general public regarding crime within our community. It seems that many people believe it won't happen to them, and does not prepare or take necessary precautions. Since 2002, the author extensively researched the field of crime and how it affects our daily lives. A course was developed, called Aggressive Reactive Tactical Systems, which was exclusively presented to selected clients within the security sector. This course proved remarkable changes within the mindsets of individuals and reaction units. S.W.A.T. Teams also benefited from this one-of-a-kind course. Now, finally, a few years down the line, after more extensive research, YOU can also benefit from this course which was previously unavailable to you. This book is written, bearing in mind our daily lives on the street, at home or wherever you may find yourself.