The Myers cabin still sits on the original cornerstones where it has stood for over 130 years. The cabin’s logs were cut from red beech that were numerous then. It was built around 1870 by Louis Myers with the help of Alvis and Samuel Banks who hewed the logs. After Carl Myers parents died in the mid 1940’s the cabin was used for storage and also used to shed a school bus under the back porch roof. Later the front and back porches were removed and the protective weather boarding was removed leaving it to the mercy of the elements. In 1995 & 1996 the cabin underwent major restoration. Several logs had to be replaced as well as the chinking. The porches were put back on. Oak shingles were split too cover the roofs. The author and his two friends Mark Wolfal and Dick Sharke volunteered their time for this two year project. Also Norman Click helped when he could.