The Book of Acts Commentary by Dr. Harley Howard chronicles the movement of the Holy Spirit within the early church. He was active and visible in directing all of the activities of the church. Unfortunately, in our age, the Holy Spirit is practically ignored by many churches and professing saints. The Book of Acts Commentary is a salient call to the church to be led by God's Spirit and carry out God's program His way. We are compelled to see the true and prominent role of the Spirit in the church.
Ten Great Themes are covered in the Book of Acts Commentary
- The coming of the Holy Spirit to indwell His people.
- The birth of the church
- Supernatural, transformed saints
- The spread of Christianity
- The message of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.
- The transformed apostles.
- The suffering church
- The saving of the Gentiles
- The unity of both Gentiles and Jews in one church body.
- The great Apostle Paul
We did not create the church, so no human or group of humans in a church can plan God's program. God has already given His plan to the church!