Creating special events may look easy to those who attend, but to do it well requires a great deal of knowledge, creativity and organizational skill. Event Management Simplified contains a wealth of information and how-to knowledge that can be used by both seasoned event planners and those just learning the ropes.
Contained within these pages is information about:
· Skills needed to be an event professional and where to find jobs
· Insider tips and strategies for "thinking outside of the box"
· Identifying event demographics and laying a strong foundation
· Examples, systems, timelines and worksheets for all event elements
· Determining if committees are needed and how to keep them on track
· Ideas for recruiting sponsors, donors, exhibitors and attendees
· Risk management, obtaining permits, and working with jurisdictions
· Elements of negotiating contracts with venues, vendors and others
· Food and beverage tactics for menu planning, service and contracting
· Ways to market and promote your event
· Creating site plans and logistics schedules
· Contracting for stage, sound, lighting, electronic media, entertainment
· Using volunteers for maximum effect
· Pre- and post-event activities
The easy-to-read format and systems in Event Management Simplified have been successfully used by event planners of all skill levels and by academic institutions as a teaching tool. We guarantee this book will pay for itself many times over in time and financial gain.