About the American Association for Museum Volunteers
For more than 25 years, the American Association for Museum Volunteers (AAMV) has been the only national association dedicated to the paid and unpaid staff members who work together in all categories of museums, large and small, AAMV provides information and services to individuals, groups, and museums that seek to start or improve their museum volunteer program. AAMV is affiliated with the American Association of Museums, U.S. Federation of Friends of Museums, and World Federation of Friends of Museums.
The American Association for Museum Volunteers:
- Promotes professional standards of museum volunteerism
- Provides an online forum for the exchange of ideas and information
- Offers opportunities for continuing education through panel discussions and workshops at local, regional, and national conferences
- Encourages volunteers and volunteer program managers to become familiar with projects and programs both locally and nationally
- Informs and represents volunteers in advocacy for tax benefits and other legislation at local and national levels
- Accomplishes these goals in cooperation with museum directors, paid staff, and boards of trustees
For more information about AAMV, its board of directors, programs, publications, and services, visit www.aamv.org. A membership application is on page 123 of this book or you may join AAMV on its website.