Even in this digital age of publishing, libraries continue to be attractive outlets for both authors and readers. After all, many booklovers still prefer going to the library to study, relax, and look for the latest releases from their favorite authors. Unfortunately, convincing libraries to stock self-published titles on their shelves has been a challenge for most authors.
Now you can promote your book to public libraries through the AuthorHouse Library Focus Service!
Through a strategic combination of print ads in two publishing-related publications, a gallery display at the ALA Book Exhibit, and a customized sales kit, AuthorHouse has finally made it easier for authors to reach out, professionally and efficiently, to libraries across the country. The Library Focus Service includes:
- A customized sales kit to be used in pitching your book to the Collection Development Departments and Acquisition Librarians of 25 public libraries nationwide (with a focus on your local area or state) for three months
- A single-slot print ad in Baker and Taylor’s Forecast Catalog
- A single-slot print ad in the quarterly publication of ForeWord Magazine
- A gallery display and catalog listing at the ALA Annual or Midwinter Conference
- The Bookstore Returnability Program for 12 months
- A guarantee that at least 2 of the libraries will agree to test your book
Watch the video below to learn more about how you can benefit from this service.
*You also have the option to extend the campaign by adding 25 more public library systems. Please contact your Marketing Consultant for more details.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Other restrictions may also apply.
In order for us to guarantee that at least two libraries will test your book, we may recommend that you allow our professional designers to make your book cover more acceptable to retailers at no extra cost.
Your book’s official publication date must not be more than two (2) years ago; alternately, you or your book must have received recognition in any form (an award, a 5-star review, or media coverage) in the last 24 months. If your book does not meet these criteria, we cannot guarantee that libraries will stock a test copy.
Please note that your book must already be available for sale before the campaign starts.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Some restrictions may apply.