Ends January 31, 2019
Book-to-Screen PitchFest is your chance to meet face-to-face with film and television representatives who are hoping to discover the next great book they can adapt for the screen. Set in the heart of Times Square at the fabulous New
York Marriott Marquis, this event, happening May 17-18, 2019, is designed to be both a learning and pitching experience.
This exclusive Author Solutions event has secured the talents of John Sacchi, an accomplished film and digital media executive with a 15+ year track record of producing consistently profitable feature films for a global audience. Sacchi was a key original player in the 13-year transformation of Lionsgate Films from small indie genre producers to the first nontraditional studio to break the billion-dollar mark at the box office.
Sacchi started his own production shingle in 2017 focusing on producing film and television for Lionsgate Entertainment and other major networks and studios. He will deliver the main presentation of the event and offer insider tips on creating an effective pitch.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to have several Hollywood representatives in one location, all anxiously
waiting to hear your story.
Learn about the success authors have experienced at PitchFest »
What you get:
- Preparation –Approximately one month prior to the event, you’ll receive a pre-event assignment that will help you develop the first draft of your pitch.
- Welcome Reception –Friday, May 17, 2019 (evening) – You will meet onsite at the luxurious New York Marriott Marquis at Times Square.* You’ll be introduced to John Sacchi as well as Keith Ogorek, President of the Author Learning Center. This is also a chance to mingle with fellow authors and make new connections.
- How-to-Pitch Presentation –Saturday, May 18, 2019 (morning) – Breakfast will be served prior to the “How-to-Pitch Your Book” presentation, where Sacchi will show you practical, step-by-step pitching methods.
- Practice Session –Saturday, May 18, 2019 (mid-morning) – You will participate in the group practice pitch session and will present one-on-one to your group leader. Your group leader will provide tips to improve and increase the effectiveness of your pitch. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn from the feedback given to others. Lunch will be provided after your practice session.
- Speed Pitch –Saturday, May 18, 2019 (afternoon) – In a “speed dating” setting, you will meet with representatives from a variety of agencies, studios, management, and production companies. You will have two minutes per representative to deliver your rehearsed and refined pitch. If a rep is interested in your pitch, we will send them a copy of your book.
- Writers Guild of America Idea Registration –We'll register your book with the WGA to protect your unique concept.**
- Feedback –Approximately two weeks after the conference, we will send you feedback about how the various representatives responded to your pitch.
Learn More | Book-to-Screen PitchFest New York 2019
Purchase deadline: April 19, 2019
Are you ready to show the entertainment industry what you and your book are made of? Call 888-519-5121 to claim your spot today.
It is solely at the discretion of the representatives as to whether or not they are interested in authors’ pitch ideas, and they are under no obligation to pursue authors’ materials.
* Author is responsible for the cost and arrangement of travel expenses, hotel, etc. In association with this event, you can get a discounted rate per night on hotel rooms at the New York Marriott Marquis for a limited time. Our events team will contact you with the details on how to get the discounted price.
** Registering your idea does not disallow others from having a similar story line or theme. Rather, registering your idea would potentially discourage others from using it without your permission. Though the registry cannot prevent plagiarism, it can produce the registered material as well as confirm the date of registration. Registering your work creates legal evidence for the material that establishes a date for the material’s existence. Registration is valid for five years.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Prices listed do not include any applicable sales, use, excise, value-added, goods and services, or other tax, which will be added to the total at the time of purchase. Other restrictions may also apply.