We know you’ve put a lot of energy and dedication into your manuscript, but even experienced authors overlook
their own mistakes sometimes. Since the editorial quality of your book will have an impact on your readers and its
ultimate success, it’s important to have another set of professional eyes look over your book before it’s
The Authorhouse editors carefully review your full manuscript (under 5,000 words) and provide you with the edits
best suited to your book. This all-inclusive service is an excellent option for children’s books. We
won’t just point out what’s not working; we can help you decide exactly how to fix it.
Here’s what to expect:
- Line Editing: We perfect your spelling, punctuation, capitalization, grammar, and syntax. And
we’ll provide recommendations for word choice and improving overall readability.
- Content Editing: We confirm the consistency of information and ideas throughout the whole book,
and we also focus on more extensive sentence restructuring.
- Our editors use Microsoft Word® to track their changes, so you always retain control over final edits.
- Our editors typically turn your manuscript around in three to four weeks. After that time, your
editor will reach out with their edits and suggestions for improvement.
Please Note: This service does not include our advanced editorial services, such as
Developmental Editing. Rather, it is a combination of our Editorial Assessment, Line Editing, and Content Editing
What You Need to Know
Almost nothing compares to publishing a book that is polished and clear. Choose to make your book the best it can be
with our combined review and editing service. The typical timeline for this service is three to four weeks,
depending on the work queue and the complexity of your manuscript. Call 888.519.5121 for more
information, or to purchase this service.
- Authorhouse accepts a very low margin of error in each completed edit. Our professional in-house editorial
staff reviews each editorial service for quality assurance – an edit won’t be returned to an author
until fewer than three percent of the original errors remain.
- Upon reviewing your edited manuscript, if you believe that an unsatisfactory number of errors have been
addressed, please create a list of the errors and the page numbers on which they appear and email it to AHeditorial@authorhouse.com. We will review the list
with you and address your concern.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Prices listed do not include any applicable sales, use, excise, value-added, goods and services, or other tax, which will be added to the total at the time of purchase. Other restrictions may also apply.