Auctions are unique in the world of special events. They contain core elements of other fundraising events, but a critical factor is that they also must procure auction items to match their clientele and then motivate those bidders to buy. True success requires the application of creative strategy to every facet of the event, as well as the use of organized systems to stay on track.
Auction Fundraising Simplified shows how to think outside the box, provides examples and worksheets, and will help add thousands of dollars to the bottom line.
Contained within these pages is information about:
· Skills needed to be a successful auction director
· Insider tips and strategies for "thinking outside the box"
· Identifying auction demographics and laying a strong foundation
· Examples, systems, timelines, and worksheets for all auction elements
· Choosing an effective auctioneer
· Determining what committees are needed and how to keep them on track
· Ideas for recruiting sponsors, donors, and attendees
· Targeted procurement techniques for obtaining auction items
· Packaging auction lots for the highest sale
· Catalog writing processes and tips to save time
· Negotiating contracts with venues, caterers, suppliers, and others
· Food and beverage suggestions for menu planning and service
· Ways to market and promote your auction
· Creating site plans and logistics schedules
· Contracting for production (stage, sound, lighting, visual media, entertainment)
· Using volunteers for maximum effect
· Pre- and post-auction activities
The easy-to-read format and systems in Auction Fundraising Simplified have been successfully used by auction managers of all skill levels and by academic institutions as a teaching tool. We guarantee this book will pay for itself many times over in time and financial gain.