Trails change! Since writing my two guidebooks, 48 Dog-Friendly Trails and Dog-Friendly Trails for All Seasons, I found some wonderful new destinations and new trails to get to some old favorites. With our new puppy, Maggie, we realized that some trails were truly our favorites, and those were the ones we chose to explore with her.
Thus, 57 Dog-Friendly Trails: In California’s Foothills and the Sierra Nevada evolved covering fifty-seven trailheads, some with multiple hiking options. All of the trails remain dog friendly, and all have great destinations.
California’s foothills and the Sierra Nevada are lush with a variety of trails taking you to different venues—wildflowers, waterfalls, alpine lakes, meadows, snow, and flowing rivers. This is definitely an area ripe for exploring
• all dog-friendly trails
• directions to fifty-seven trailheads
• over four trails for each month of the year for optimal seasonal enjoyment
• trails for mountain bikers and equestrians
• family-friendly trail options
• before and after the hike suggestions