Today marriage has been constructed and projected differently from what God intended. Marriage has been made to represent selfishness not sharing,
individualism not community, hatred not love, profit not sacrifice, and infidelity not faithfulness. These images constantly bombard our lives through
an ever encroaching media. Family and marriage have not been spared in this onslaught, resulting in the further reversal of values in our society. It
has tried to empty marriage of its sacredness by redefining marriage as an unsustainable and unnecessary institution.
Tinashe and Naomi have stepped out with courage and boldness to hold onto and believe in a lifestyle that transcends this world view on marriage,
breaking the bonds of culture to base their marriage on biblical values. The book is sincere, it is about a couple living in a real world, were
marriages are under extreme pressure, and have many competing fronts.
Through The Six Nuggets to Building a Strong Marriage they share their personal experiences and reveal how you can rediscover
God's intention for your marriage:
• Marriage that overlooks the importance of communication is bound to suffer.
• Committing to love the other person as they are will enable you to sail through the storms of life together.
• Greater connectivity in a couple's life can be used powerfully to harness and nurture the love in their marriage.
• Is your career or job more visible than your spouse and children? If your answer is yes then you need to refocus your energy on what is important.
• Faith strengthens love in the face of adversity and sees beyond the status quo.
• Friendship is the backbone of marriage. For love's greatest joy is to be in the presence of the loved one.