Custom Cover Design
When you publish a book with AuthorHouse, our design team will work with you—incorporating your photos, graphics, sketches and ideas—to create a unique book cover that exceeds your expectations and beautifully represents your book's contents.
Front Cover Design Guidelines
When we design the book's front cover, we will include the book's title, subtitle (if any), author name(s), and any additional marketing copy (if applicable), along with all graphics needed to create the cover artwork.
We also have a Custom Cover Illustration option available. Please note: Created by our professional book cover design team, the illustration service requires an additional fee. If you're interested, please review the custom book cover illustration details online or call your Publishing Consultant for more information.
Here are your graphic options for creating your custom full-color cover:
- Choose a unique graphic from among the thousands of our stock art photos (please note, these do not include custom illustrations)
- Submit your ideas and/or sample graphics (please include with your submission)
- Submit complete cover designs that you would like our design team to use or incorporate (please include with your submission)
We also have a Custom Cover Illustration option available. Please note: Created by our professional book cover design team, the cover illustration service requires an additional fee. If you're interested, please review the Custom Cover Illustration details online or call call your Publishing Consultant for more information.
Cover graphics that you submit to us must meet the following requirements:
- TIFF (.tif) file format
- CMYK colorspace
- 300-dpi resolution
- Match the dimension of the final trim size, plus an 1/8" bleed on the top, right and bottom sides (i.e., a cover for a 6" x 9" book would need to be submitted at 6.125" x 9.25")
- Copyright permission from the creator (artist, photographer, etc.) to use the work on your book cover
- Sample graphics and other illustrations created by you that will only be used as ideas or guidelines for the design team can be submitted in any format.
This design service enables your book to stand out in a crowded marketplace. To learn more, please call 1-888-519-5121. We'll guide you through the process.