Purchase deadline: September 30, 2017
Book-to-Screen PitchFest is your chance to meet face to face with film and television representatives who are hoping to discover the next great book they can adapt for the screen. Set in the heart of Beverly Hills at the prestigious Beverly Hilton hotel, home to the Golden Globe Awards Show, this event, happening October 27-28, 2017, is designed to be both a learning and pitching experience.
This exclusive Author Solutions event has secured the talents of Robert Kosberg, known as the “King of the Pitch.” Kosberg is a renowned producer and idea man, and he will deliver the main presentation of the event to offer insider tips for creating an effective pitch.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to have several Hollywood representatives in one location, all anxiously waiting to hear your story.
To top off your movie-pitching experience, we’ll film a professional author video of you on-site at the glamorous Beverly Hilton hotel that you can use to boost your book’s promotional efforts.
Learn about the success authors have experienced at PitchFest »
What you get:
- Preparation – Approximately one month prior to the event, you’ll receive a pre-event assignment that will help you develop and jump-start the first draft of your pitch.
- Welcome Reception – Friday, Oct. 27, 2017 (evening) – You will meet onsite at the luxurious Beverly Hilton.* You’ll be introduced to Robert Kosberg as well as Keith Ogorek, Author Solutions senior vice president of marketing. This is also a chance to mingle with fellow authors and make new connections.
- How-to-Pitch Presentation – Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017 (morning) – Breakfast will be served prior to Kosberg’s “How-to-Pitch Your Book” presentation. You’ll learn practical pitching methods with step-by-step processes outlined by Kosberg. Learn more about Robert Kosberg »
- Practice Session – Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017 (mid-morning) – You will participate in the group practice pitch session and will present one-on-one to your group leader. Your group leader will provide tips to improve and increase the effectiveness of your pitch. You’ll also have the opportunity to learn from the feedback given to others. Lunch will be provided after your practice session.
- Speed Pitch – Saturday, Oct. 28, 2017 (afternoon) – In a “speed dating” setting, you will meet with representatives from a variety of agencies, studios, management and production companies. You will have two minutes per representative to deliver your rehearsed and refined pitch. If a rep is interested in your pitch, you will be informed a few weeks after the event that they’d like to read your book and/or schedule a follow-up meeting.
- Author Interview Video – Filmed at the Beverly Hilton.** This 60-90 second interview will give potential readers a behind-the-scenes look at your book and the author behind the work. You can use this video as a unique promotional tool in your continued marketing efforts. Our events team will notify you of your specific filming time prior to the event.
- Writers Guild of America Idea Registration – We'll register your book with the WGA to protect your unique concept.***
- Feedback – Approximately two weeks after the conference, we will send you a feedback packet regarding how the various representatives responded to your pitch.
More About | Book-to-Screen PitchFest Los Angeles 2017 with Video
Are you ready to show the entertainment industry what you and your book are made of? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to launch your book into the limelight. There are only 150 spots available, and they will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Call 888-519-5121 to claim your spot today.
It is solely at the discretion of the producers, agents, executives, etc., as to whether or not they are interested in authors’ pitch ideas, and they are under no obligation to pursue authors’ materials.
* Author is responsible for the cost and arrangement of travel expenses, hotel, etc. In association with this event, you can get a discounted rate per night on hotel rooms at the Beverly Hilton for a limited time. Our events team will contact you with the details of how to get the discounted price.
** Our events team will be in contact with you prior to the event to notify you of our video schedule and your specific filming time.
*** Registering your idea does not disallow others from having a similar storyline or theme. Rather, registering your idea would potentially discourage others from using it without your permission. Though the registry cannot prevent plagiarism, it can produce the registered material as well as confirm the date of registration. Registering your work creates legal evidence for the material that establishes a date for the material’s existence. Registration is valid for five years.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Some restrictions may apply.