Retail Focus for Children’s Books
So you’ve written a children’s book; now it’s just a matter of waiting for bookstores to stock it, right? Unfortunately, despite the steadily increasing sales of self-published titles, getting your book into brick-and-mortar bookstores continues to be a tough nut to crack.
Promote your children’s book to independent bookstores across the United States with the AuthorHouse Retail Focus for Children’s Books Service!
Retailers take numerous factors—your book’s subject, sales potential, and returnability, to name a few—into account before stocking a self-published title. Even the most PR-savvy and tenacious authors have difficulty getting their book onto the shelves of their local bookstore!
Through a strategic combination of print ads in two publishing-related periodicals, a gallery display on BookExpo America, and a customized sales kit, our Retail Focus for Children’s Books Service helps authors like you promote their work to bookstores across the country!
This service includes:
- A customized sales kit to be used in pitching your children’s book to a total of 25 independent bookstores nationwide (with a focus on your local area or state) for three months
- A single-slot print ad in Ingram’s Children’s Advance Catalog
- A single-slot print ad in the quarterly publication of ForeWord Magazine
- A gallery display and catalog listing at the New Title Showcase (NTS) Exhibit of BookExpo America
- The Bookstore Returnability Program for 12 months
- A guarantee that at least 2 of the bookstores/retailers will agree to test your book
*You also have the option to extend your campaign by adding 25 more independent bookstores. Please contact your Marketing Consultant for more details.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Other restrictions may also apply.
In order for us to guarantee that at least two bookstores/retailers will test your book, we may recommend that you allow our professional designers to make your book cover more acceptable to retailers at no extra cost.
Your book’s official publication date must not be more than two (2) years ago; alternately, you or your book must have received recognition in any form (an award, a 5-star review, or media coverage) in the last 24 months. If your book does not meet these criteria, we cannot guarantee that the bookstores/book retailers will stock a test copy.
Please take note that your book must already be available for sale before the campaign starts.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Some restrictions may apply.