Despite the rise of self-published titles in the digital market, getting independent books into brick-and-mortar bookstores is a tough hurdle for most authors—even those with great PR skills, a strong marketing platform, and loads of tenacity! After all, bookstores take numerous factors into account when considering a new title, and convincing them to stock a self-published work continues to be a challenge.
Now you can put your best foot forward and reach out to independent bookstores with our Retail Focus Service!
Through a strategic combination of print ads in two publishing-related periodicals, a gallery display on BookExpo America, and a customized sales kit, our Retail Focus Service helps authors like you promote their work to bookstores across the country!
This service includes:
- A customized sales kit to be used in pitching your book to a total of 25 independent bookstores nationwide (with a focus on your local area or state) for three months
- A single-slot print ad in Ingram’s Advance Print Catalog
- A single-slot print ad in the quarterly publication of ForeWord Magazine
- A gallery display and catalog listing at the New Title Showcase (NTS) Exhibit of BookExpo America
- The Bookstore Returnability Program for 12 months
- A guarantee that at least 2 of the bookstores/retailers will agree to test your book
*You also have the option to extend your campaign by adding 25 more independent bookstores. Please contact your Marketing Consultant for more details.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Other restrictions may also apply.
In order for us to guarantee that at least two bookstores/retailers will test your book, we may recommend that you allow our professional designers to make your book cover more acceptable to retailers at no extra cost.
Your book’s official publication date must not be more than two (2) years ago; alternately, you or your book must have received recognition in any form (an award, a 5-star review, or media coverage) in the last 24 months. If your book does not meet these criteria, we cannot guarantee that the bookstores/book retailers will stock a test copy.
Please take note that your book must already be available for sale before the campaign starts.
Disclaimer: Prices are subject to change without prior notice. Some restrictions may apply.