When you publish a book with AuthorHouse, our design team will work with you—incorporating your photos, graphics, sketches and ideas—to create a unique book cover that beautifully represents your book's content.
Front Cover Design Guidelines
When we design the book's front cover, we will include the book's title, subtitle (if any), author name(s), and any additional marketing copy (if applicable), along with graphics needed to create the cover artwork.
Here are your graphic options for creating your custom full-color cover:
- Choose two images, free of charge, from the millions found through Thinkstock.
- Submit your ideas and/or sample graphics
- Submit complete cover designs that you would like our design team to use or incorporate (please contact your customer service representative for cover specifications before getting started)
- We also have a Custom Cover Illustration option available. This is created by our illustration team so there is an additional fee. If you're interested, please review the Custom Cover Illustration details online or call your Publishing Consultant for more information.
We also have a Custom Cover Illustration option available. Please note: Created by our professional book cover design team, the cover illustration service requires an additional fee. If you're interested, please review the Custom Cover Illustration details online or call call your Publishing Consultant for more information.
Cover graphics that you submit to us must meet the following requirements:
- TIFF (.tif) file format, JPEG ( .jpg), or a layered design file ( .psd or .indd)
- CMYK color space (we can also convert RGB files to CMYK some color shifting may occur)
- 300 DPI (Dots per Inch) resolution
- When considering image dimensions think about the final trim size, plus bleed space on the top, right and bottom sides (i.e., a full bleed front cover image for a 6" x 9" book would need to be submitted at 6.125" x 9.25")
- For materials you have not created, copyright permission from the copyright holder (artist, photographer, etc.) must be provided to AuthorHouse in order to use the work for your book.
- Sample graphics and other illustrations that will only be used as ideas or guidelines for the cover can be submitted in any format.
What You Need to Know
This design service is included in all of our publishing packages and enables your book to stand out in a crowded marketplace. To learn more, please call 1-888-519-5121. We'll guide you through the process.