Book2Screen Publishing Contest
Terms and Conditions
Deadlines for Submissions:
Your Twitter and entry form submission must be received by 12 midnight (EST) on Friday, May 13. Winners will be notified at the conclusion of the contest period via e-mail.
Tweets and any other materials of any kind whatsoever submitted (hereinafter, the "Submissions") will not be returned or kept confidential. All such Submissions may be used: (i) on www.authorhouse.com, www.authorhouse.co.uk and/or any other AuthorHouse or Author Solutions Internet properties (the "Website"); (ii) for broadcast or other publication by Author Solutions, Inc. or any of its affiliated companies or entities (collectively the “ASI Entities”). By submitting any of the above, you acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions, and consent to your name and geographic location possibly being published in connection with the publication, distribution, and/or broadcast of your Submission(s).
1. To enter, you must complete both of the following actions by 12 midnight (EST) on Friday, May 13, 2011:
a. Complete the entry form found at www.authorhouse.com/book2screen.aspx
b. Send your entry tweet through Twitter with the hash tag “#book2screen”, telling us why your book would shine on the screen. All tweets submitted with the “#book2screen” hash tag are eligible for, but not guaranteed, personalized feedback or critique from AuthorHouse. Only one submission per person is eligible. Multiple entries will result in disqualification.
2. All Twitter, Inc. Terms of Service apply to this contest. Please note, however, that this promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
3. Neither AuthorHouse nor any of its affiliated companies or entities is obligated to use or pay you for any Submission. AuthorHouse may reject any Submissions at AuthorHouse’s sole discretion and for any reason. AuthorHouse will not notify you in the event of a Submission rejection.
4. All Submissions shall become the property of AuthorHouse; may be edited for length, clarity, and/or functionality; will not be subject to any obligation of confidentiality; and may be shared with and used by the staff of AuthorHouse and any of their affiliated companies or entities, and legal authorities if AuthorHouse believes it is warranted. Neither AuthorHouse nor any third party or others with whom AuthorHouse shares the Submissions shall be liable for any use or disclosure of any information or Submission that you provide.
5. AuthorHouse reserves the right to change due dates for Submissions, or other specifics, as it deems necessary in its sole and exclusive discretion.
6. No Submission may contain any material that is abusive, vulgar, threatening, harassing, libelous, defamatory, or obscene; or invades a person's privacy; or violates any law, copyright of any intellectual property or other property, or other rights; or is known to be false (the “Prohibited Material”). You represent and warrant that the Submissions do not contain any Prohibited Material. You hereby agree to indemnify the ASI Entities for any breach of these Terms and Conditions or any of your warranties therein.
7. Judging will be conducted by the AuthorHouse marketing team, and decisions will be made at the sole discretion of AuthorHouse.
8. The winners will be notified on or about May 20, 2011.
9. The winning entrant must be available for interviews and other marketing opportunities.
10. The winner will receive a free Hollywood Connection publishing package.
11. The winner will be required to sign an additional standard agreement. Through our first-look deal with Hollywood management and production company Principal Entertainment, we have the opportunity to put your material in front of Hollywood studios, producers, agents, writers and directors who are looking for available new material to adapt into feature films and/or television series. In order for us to shop your book to Principal Entertainment and fulfill this service, you are required to sign a standard agreement. This does not guarantee that your book will be adapted into a feature film or television series.
12. Two runners-up entrants will receive a publishing discount of 50% and 25% respectively for any AuthorHouse publishing package.
13. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash or credit.
14. Entrants who do not comply with the rules of the contest will be disqualified. AuthorHouse reserves the right to disqualify entrants at AuthorHouse's sole discretion.
15. These terms and conditions and your participation in this publishing contest are subject to the laws of the State of Indiana, and you hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Indiana for any disputes related to these terms and conditions or this contest.